Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The day she went away


" Tuk, tocangkan rambut ati, boleh ? "

It was the mango season and I came back home from school, to spend some time with Umi and yaman. Didn't know that Tuk was there, nevertheless it was great having her there. She's a great cook, best one ever, yes even better than Umi.

She would always be there, in front of her door, waiting for us, for Umi especially. Umi drove all way. Din and I were still small. Yaman, smaller still. We tend to reach Perlis very late at night, but she would always have the 'toto' and 'kelambu' and the spiral ubat nyamuk ready for us. Always. In the mornings, there would always be breakfast and the milo and teh.


I never understood why she loved to cook, everyday she cooked, when she stayed with us, or when we came to stay in her house back at Utan Aji. I regret not learning how to prepare some dishes from her, I planned to learn once I finished my SPM exam, but there wasn't time.

"Tuk dah lama tak pi Stesen keratapi, lama sangat, Tuk nak tengok sekali lagi. "

I came by train and I returned by train, under college arrangements.

She looked happy that day, but I sensed her sadness, but I didn't really know why.
She was sick for quite some time, but I knew she hid it well.


-----

It was two weeks before the exams, when she left us. Forever.

It's hard to believe that she's gone.

Because, I still feel that she's still there, waiting for us,
in front of her door, back at Utan Aji.



al-Fatihah.

kepada Allahyarhamah Minah bt Saad.


0 had said their words: