Monday, March 19, 2007

Games and Din

I was quite surprise when Din messaged me through Y! messenger some weeks ago saying that he's not playing games anymore, and I'll be astonished if I knew why. It's a favourite topic: Games and consoles. To talk with him, if he calls or messages. But now, I wonder, what would we talk about?


I haven't held the PS2 controller for quite some time. Missing it? Yup and my schedule's been pretty tight. And I seem to have lost the passion to play games or maybe there wasn't a chance?

Gaming is a broad topic and the implication depends on the individual themselves. One can't say for the other, because one is not the other. So, I am not going to write an entry about the issue of gaming, I'd love to but I'm not in the mood right now.

I was influenced with games from my brother since I was a child, since Standard 4, I guess. Before, I thought that games were only for boys and why would girls want to play games, it's a boy thing! Oh, it's because of FF8, which he played in 1998 on the PC. I always sat beside Din, watching him play and sometimes playing for him, (well, just leveling up Squall, or Zell, or Rinoa). Maybe because of the great storyline I stayed watching beside him through night and through day. Well, we do take breaks to sleep. Since FF8 is an rpg game, it took 30 hrs + to game it. So, he only plays it during the night and weekends, but I usually ask him to call me when there is cg-movie after the end of a battle or so. Then it was FF7, and so on.

Playing the game is better than watching the game itself. I started playing Golden Sun II which was a gameboy game on Din's GBA during PMR. And I managed to game it before the exam itself. Gaming a game before your brother is like a very high accomplishment for me. So, that was my motivation to play games. And trying to game it before Din. Sibling rivalry?

Absolutely! Well, not in gaming only but also in academics, unfortunately I haven't managed to beat him YET. We're even for all the exams though and for achievements too. Him in his field and me in mine. People knowing you because of your brother is a normal thing for me. But I guess that's because he's older than me and that's why people know him before me. Being under his shadow for quite some time is not a nice experience but it is an experience nonetheless, and thinking back. It's quite funny for me to think about my brother the way I did then.

upsr, pmr, spm : same results. He even was offered the same scholarship by Mara to study at Vanderbilt !

All in all, I do think Din is better than me, cause he's older and knows things that I don't know myself. And he speaks English fluently (well, he was an English debater) that's for sure.



So, I guess Din did influenced my life after all, with his passion for games back then.

Err..this post was suppose to be about games. But, it seems like I've written more about my brother after all.

So, back to the topic. Here's some of the games that I've gamed @ played so far :

FFX


FFX2

Zelda on the GBA


Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne


Tales of Legendia


Shadow Hearts


NFS :Underground


NFS : Most Wanted


NFS: Carbon


Magnacarta



Kingdom Hearts


Kingdom Hearts II


Grandia 3


Golden Sun II


FFXII


FFXIII


FFVII


Radiata Stories



and now I have no idea what to continue.

0 had said their words: