Friday, April 20, 2007

For My Teenager

For My Teenager
words I want you to remember
Part I


I can barely begin to tell you of all my wishes for you There are so many of them and I want them all to come true...

I want you to use your heart as a compass as you go and find your way in the world,
but I want you to always have an appreciation for the direction of home.
I want you to be self-reliant, self-motivated, and self-sufficient,
but to know that you will never be alone.

I want you to be safe and smart and cautious
I want you to be wise beyond your years
I don't want you to grow up too fast
I want you to come to me with your fears
I want the people who share your days to realize that they are in the presence of a very special someone..

You are a wonderful, rare person with no comparison
I want you to know that oppurtunities will come, and you'll have many goals to achieve
The more that obstacles get in the way of your dreams, the more you'll need to believe.


~ Douglas Pagels~



it's actually a poem from a card that umi gave before I flew. She knew that I was going to end my teenage years away from her. That, maybe one of the reason's why, but Umi loves poem, I have to say. :)

I'll continue with part II a little later because I have a test tomorrow. :)

0 had said their words: