Sunday, March 04, 2007

It turned out to be..?

Having high expectations are not good. You should always be prepare for everything. Well, I guess they could have done better. It was informative but, I expected more. Nevertheless, everything went well, alhamdulillah.

Many people showed up and it was quite a full house. I was supposed to take care of the booth, but since I had a test the same day and fell asleep practically right after the test ended, which I didn't do too well; I came there late. Which was okay they say because no one did but any of the calendars yet. Well, only two calendars were sold that night to tell you the truth. The calendar was sold at $USD 15. Quite high don't you think?

I was one of the person in-charge of selling the calendars, and I also attended the meeting when they were discussing abuout the price that should be put on. They actually bought those calendars for $USD 10 each, but they wanted to sell it for $USD 15. And the reason was that it's gonna be a financial gain for the association. I pity myself, I should have said something, but I didn't. Why? Because I said to myself, cause I'm still new, I'm just gonna listen and learn. But sometimes maybe one should speak out when one needs to. Guess I learned a lesson that day.

Here's a clip I'd like to share. It's quite interesting actually, spending 7 mins 41 secs for a clip isn't that long right?



It's funny how Muslims would sell things to other muslims at a higher price just for the sake of 'fisabilllah'- as they call it?


Coming back to the original topic, I listen to the talk that Dr. Octar Babuna gave, he is a neurosurgeon by the way, originally from Turkey(Mohsinah, Amearah and I accompanied he and his companion to his black Lexus as [said by Mohsinah], so all of us had a little chat with them on the way there) if I'm not mistaken and managed to sneak out to check on the booth ( which Sumayyah and Amearah were taking care of). I met a friend there too, he didn't come there for the talk though but because he was suppose to have a meeting at the lecture hall where the talk was held. I promoted the calendars, but I guess he didn't bought some cash, so he had to decline buying them. Well, that's just my assumption. We talked for quite sometime, untill the question and answer session was finished and everyone else came out. He asked, what did I do outside of class. I hesitated for a moment cause I don't know myself, what do I do besides studying and homework. Blogging? Well, not as often as some others. Reading? I haven't even finished reading Rebecca du Maurier which I borrowed since last winter break. And the only thing that crossed my mind was playing games. Rpg games. I told him that I was a gamer, which he took it suprisingly. I know, I don't look like the gamer-type person. Unfortunately that was only half true, I was a gamer, because I haven't played for quite sometime, am I still called a gamer? And I don't even own ps2 here, have to borrow it from someone if I want to play.

But, the question lingered till this day. I mean, what do I do besides homework and studying? Nothing in a particular, I guess. A little of this and a little of that, but not finishing either. (which is not a good thing). Okay, so that habit should be changed immediately for me to a better person and I also think that is one of the factor why I can't focus while studying, I seem to want to know every single detail, but in the end, haven't even read the topic that will be covered which had to be read in last minute.

That was only a friend asking, but what if my life was taken away by Sakaratul Maut, what would my answers be when I am asked by the angels in my grave?

(do correct me if either of these 6 questions are wrong)

  1. Siapakah Tuhan kamu?
  2. Siapakah Nabi kamu?
  3. Apakah agama kamu?
  4. Siapakah saudara kamu?
  5. Apakah pegangan iktikad kamu?
  6. Dan apakah kalimah yang kamu bawa bersama-sama kamu?

I also learned something else too. They don't like to take photos. The girls that is. I'll have to keep that in mind for future events.

0 had said their words: